Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Batman: You can come back now. I'm tired of the plot twists.

Okay, let me start off by saying, that I am fairly behind in the Batman Series, but from what I know, I am not a happy person.

To begin with, they killed Bruce Wayne! WTF. Seriously guys, I know comics are noturious for killing off main characters and bringing them back, but I can't believe you did it. I'm still in shock. I hear he'll be back in the summer of 2010. Don't make me wait to long. But really, why did you do? To get more readers? I haven't picked up a single issue of Batman since I heard he was getting offed. I bought the trades, but not the singles. So I'm fairly behind in whats going on. In fact, I haven't even read the 'Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader' storyline yet. That's how far behind I am. I've seen the insides of maybe two issues of the Battle of the Cowl story arc. But I'm waiting for the trade to hit the shelves before I really dive into it.
However, I know that Dick Grayson is the new Batman, and Daiman is the new Robin. Brownie Points for you guys. For one, I love Daiman, that little prick is adorable, but I kinda hated him when he tried to kill Robin. And Dick Grayson deserved to be Batman, no one else would have been fit for the spot. I have read issue #1 of the new Batman series, #1 of Red Robin, and #1-2 of Batgirl. And #1-3 of Gotham City Sirens.

Let's start with Batman: I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm a fan of the more well known villians even a few of the lesser known ones have my vote. But I don't know who they are up against because I lost interest half way through the first issue and decided I would wait for the trade. I love the art, but the story has clicked with me yet. I like to read Batman Arcs all at once. I've always been that way with certain comics. The Boys is another one I love but won't get the single issues of. I'd rather read the whole arc at once, so I don't have to wait to see what's going on. Sometimes a month is the longest period of time ever. So I don't know what's going on with Dick Grayson aka Batman right now. Shame on me.

Red Robin. Who the hell is this guy? Someone please tell me. I don't know, I only read issue number 1. I guess I should have read Battle of the Cowl before I tried to jump into the other series. I suppose I'm about 6 months behind on all things batman related. But I didn't get another issue of Red Robin either. Trade please.

Okay. Now to the points I'm serious about. Let's talk Batgirl. Who decided Cassandra wasn't going to be batgirl anymore? Hmmmm??? Come on, fess up. Cause I'm coming for you. I love Cassandra Cain as batgirl, I know she went all bad and everything for a while and she was raised to be a killer, but I think it makes it harder for her to be a good guy. I really liked the series she had out last year. Only 6 issues though. Come on guys. I'm working on back tracking and finding the trades of her first series. Like I've said I didn't start reading comics till College, I kind of have lots of catching up to do everywhere. I'm making lists though, and trying my hardest. And so instead of Cassandra, we have Stephanie Brown, who once was dead, but now is Batgirl. She was also Robin and also Spoiler. I'm going to keep reading this one and have faith that Cassandra will come back at some point and kick some ass. I'm not completly turned off of Stephanie Brown being Batgirl, so I'm not going to give up on the series just yet. I'll try to stick with it, no promises.

And besides Bruce Wayne being dead, this is my biggest concern: Catwoman forgot who Batman was? Oh hell no you didn't. This makes me want to act a fool up in here. For one, Catwoman loves Bruce Wayne! She rememebered in the Faces of Evil Arcs! And Bruce Wayne loves her! I am a girl! I love this part! I love Batman and Catwoman! Why did you do this to me? How could you do this to me? I want an answer DC!! Who is in charge of these awful changes? Who can I bribe to make them set things straight? I can't beleive you guys would pull a trick, that Zatanna, who also liked Batman, would help Catwoman forget who Batman was. No this is not acceptable. Not at all. I'm going to keep reading Gotham City Sirens for the simple reason, that Catwoman aka Selina better start remembering things, and she may have only forgotten it for the ten minutes Ivy was interrogating her. Understand? Good.
Now on the good side of things, I'm very happy to see Hush has returned. I love Hush. He's the best. I'm very pissed he wasn't included in Batman Arkham Asylum, from what I've heard. Like I said, I'm behind on Batman. Ever since I layed eyes on Batman: Hush. I knew this was my villain. Sure, I love the Joker, who doesn't but I only love certain versions of the joker. Frank Miller's verison in All-Star Batman and Robin is my favorite. I wish they would finish that series. I would give up so many things to have an ending to that series. Come on guys, 20 issues is all i'm asking for. Hell, I would settle for five more. Just finish the story. Tell me what happens. Please. I beg you.

Basically Batman has taken a dreadful turn as far as I'm concerned. But I hear rumors on the wind that some things are going to happen next year, and I can only hope that's it will become reality. I'm just going to re-read Batman:Hush over and over again, until I hear good things have been printed and are on thier way to the shelves.

I don't know how everyone else feels about these things, or even how any of the guys reading the series do, because for one, no one else I know reads comics. So I don't have much of a audience to poll.

I'm going to work on getting caught up with Batman, now that I have a job, I can start fueling my addictions for comics once again. Really I can't do much until the Battle of the Cowl storyline comes out. So it's basically a stand still. I'll just keep reading on Wikipedia and various other sources to navigate my way through the maze they call Batman and the dead ends I keep hitting.

And then maybe I will feel better about the whole deal. So maybe I'm completly wrong on this whole deal. I suppose we will find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers